[gender-aids] Survey on women's human rights

Survey: Consultation: Vienna+ 10 Speak Out-Help Shape the Future of
Women’s Human Rights
Centre for Women’s Global Leadership
************************************

Deadline: September 15, 2003
Web: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu/surveys/index.php?sid+1&newtest+Y

The Center for Women's Global Leadership is involved in a process of
strategic consultations, marking the 10th anniversary of the Vienna World
Conference on Human Rights (1993), where women's rights were recognized as
human rights and violence against women as a human rights abuse. We want
to examine both progress and obstacles faced in advancing women's human
rights over the past ten years, look at the current world situation, and
brainstorm about new possibilities in terms of strategies and venues for
our future work. We will be looking broadly at women's human rights, but
also focus more particularly on how to advance the work on violence
against women in terms of its linkages to human rights, militarism,
globalization, development, and security. We are initiating our
consultation process by inviting you to share your reflections, in order
to spark thinking and include as many women's voices as possible.

We are asking you to register your opinions and help shape the future of
women's human rights by completing our survey (see link below) by
September 15, 2003. Your input will help us mark our progress and identify
challenges and next steps for advancing women's human rights. It will also
contribute to making a more visible acknowledgement that the women's human
rights movement is at a critical junction of celebrating victories, facing
challenges and assessing next moves. After September 15, all responses
will be tabulated and analyzed, and a report will be available on our
website. Please be assured that your reflections will be confidential.
Your personal information will be used solely for identification purposes
and permission will be requested for any quotations. It should take you
only 10-15 minutes to answer these questions. Please provide specific and
brief answers, focused on women's human rights. We are looking forward to
your personal reflections based on your work and area of expertise. Please
access the survey by clicking on the following link:

http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu/surveys/index.php?sid=1&newtest=Y

YOUR IDENTIFICATION CODE IS: ALERT (You will need this code in order to
fill out the questionnaire). We encourage you to fill out the
questionnaire on the web, by clicking on the above link. The survey is
also attached in a word document format, should you wish to send us your
reflections via fax or email. You can fax the completed questionnaire to
(732) 932-1180, or email it to cwgl@igc.org

Thank you for your contribution to this important historical moment for
the future of women's human rights.

Center for Women's Global Leadership
Douglass College Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
160 Ryders Lane New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8555
Tel: (1-732)932-8782 / fax: (1-732)932-1180
E-mail: cwgl@igc.org
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu

Source: AWID Resource Net Announcements / Issue 175, 20 August 2003

*---*
A posting from GENDER-AIDS (gender-aids@healthdev.net)

To submit a posting, send to gender-aids@healthdev.net
For anonymous postings, add the word "anon" to the subject line
To join, send a blank message to join-gender-aids@healthdev.net
To leave, send a blank email to leave-gender-aids@healthdev.net

You are currently subscribed to gender-aids as: arch-gender-aids@hst.org.za

GENDER-AIDS is an international forum on issues around gender and HIV/AIDS.

Coordinated by Health & Development Networks (HDN), with technical support from Health Systems Trust (HST), and with the support of the Government of Ireland.

The views expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of HDN or its supporters.

Reproduction welcomed provided source is cited as follows:
GENDER-AIDS eForum 2003: gender-aids@healthdev.net