UPDATE: Black Homosexuality (10/1/01; collection)

From: Kheven@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 15:49:34 EDT

Note new deadline is October 1.

Call for Submissions:

We are soliciting essays (up to 8,000 words) on Black homosexuality for the
"THE GREATEST TABOO: VOLUME 2."

Volume 1 of "The Greatest Taboo" is a collection of scholarly essays with
Black homosexual themes published in January 2001. Co-editors, Kheven Lee
LaGrone and Delroy Constantine-Simms, are soliciting theory, criticism,
biographical essays, etc. for its follow-up. We seek any and all topics with
a Black homosexual theme. Topics include, but are not limited to, the
following:

Homosexuality and Popular Music
Desirability and Black Homosexual Culture
Hip-hop and the Black homosexual
Black gay intellectualism
Spirituality
Black Gay History
Ageism
Classism
Interracial Relationships
Black gays in white media
Sexual Morality
The Black Homosexual in "Queer" Politics
Labels and Self-Identity

Please send two hard-copies to:

Kheven Lee LaGrone
P. O. Box 71592
Oakland, California 94612

Include bio, abstract and SASE if you want material returned. If material is
previously published, include where it appeared.

Also send an electronic copy to:delroy@blacknet.co.uk

Submission Deadline: October 1, 2001

Send questions to Kheven@aol.com or delroy@blacknet.co.uk