Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode 15 - Reach Out With Your Feelings... - Comments.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... I downloaded the episode five days ago, and I just remember that I haven't actually posted anything about it Shocked

Well I have to say... the thing with the green slime was pretty cool. It's nice how some things sort of carry on through the episodes and now have a greater impact on their adventure (the g-cube, marshmellow, and the now the green slimes make them flee their water source). Your representation of animal companion was COMPLETELY wrong, but meh. Grayson's laugh at the cat was pretty damn good and rather funny... I played it about ten times or something, and if i can be bothered I'm going to have it as my computer's start up noise. When Peter summoned like 50+ animals I thought that was bad, because they *weren't* all useles... I'm sure a chicken was mentioned and Grayson did mention a chicken before as useful to eat. The agitated scorpian made be LOL. Alan the Astounding's voice acting at the end was... well, to be blunt pathetic. It just sucked compared to his speach in front of P&G before. And I'm not even going to go into the fact that he must have been passed out for a week of something.

Now hurry up and make ep 16.
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the joke is that he does pass out for long periods of time! Very Happy

As for his speech at the end - it is difficult to do just a speech by yourself, with no one to bounce off of. Very Happy But don't worry - soon enough he will have a traveling friend. Very Happy

As for the Animal Companion Spell - it was "wrong" in the manner of Dungeons & Dragons. But keep in mind, in NeN - we're not always applying ourselves to "AD&D Rules." For example, we have "Broken the 4th Wall" from time to time - as well as shown that a Ranger would, almost by default have at least some kind of tracking. No matter his Wis or Int - but Peter is pretty much devoid of any Ranger Knowledge, despite the fact that it is his "Class."

(It's sort of like RedvsBlue having a Ghost Church... you can really play a Ghost in RedvsBlue... but for the story element and plot device, it's done regardless) Very Happy
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be a ranger with no ranger skills in AD&D. Unless I'm mistaken, you choose the class, and then choose skills based on the class. You could simply choose cross-class skills, or even just not have any skills at all.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but who, with any sense, would pick a Ranger as a class, then take skills like Climb Walls, Lock Picking, etc? Very Happy
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
Yeah, but who, with any sense, would pick a Ranger as a class, then take skills like Climb Walls, Lock Picking, etc? Very Happy

Peter.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touché

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of issues about the semi-magic sword;

- I can not make out what it is saying, because of the fancy distortion. Which may be why:
- I don't understand why it stops glowing halfway through this episode?

Otherwise, this is good machinima (even if it has, like most machinima seems to, not all that much action (at least so far)).
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elethiomel wrote:
A couple of issues about the semi-magic sword;

- I can not make out what it is saying, because of the fancy distortion. Which may be why:
- I don't understand why it stops glowing halfway through this episode?

Otherwise, this is good machinima (even if it has, like most machinima seems to, not all that much action (at least so far)).

Woot! Welcome aboard!

1. The sword's voice becomes a little more clear each time in speaks in a new episode. There's a reason for it (but you're going to have to wait till Season 2 - early on, we promise!) to find out why!

2. I noticed that while editing - when Grayson is standing next to Peter before Peter begins summoning - for some reason the flames are off on the sword. My only answer to that is - even the sword needs to sleep (since it has a voice and all, it's clearly sentinent or something, right?) Smile
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
While there might be some cuase to muffling the voice of the sword, I don't think making it near inaudible helps either.
I think the machinima is great the graphics are certainly good and the voice-acting is suited exept Peter's actor speaks softly with regard to the ambient sound as well making it necessary to turn it up real loud to make it out. but this is at times only. the sword is the issue for me personally.

I'd like to reccommend either changing the tunes or reducing their volume for the intro and ending credits as well. Smile

I guess my critique is that i see something good here which i think is gonna be better but i wouldn't rush out and tell my friends they must watch it. that's all. I've only watched 'til episode 15 so pls bear with me if these have already been seen to.

I'm sorry if i come off negative but i actually like the characters and the story so far and I care abt its improvement. that's why I post this. It's not a flame or anything.thank you

runehawk
runehawk
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! okay I've just finished episode 17 and WOW again.
I mean the story is taking off.
2. The volume is well modulated
3. The voice-acting was the best yet
And you had background music that really suited the scenes!!!!
I'm so happy i'm ecstatic!
THANK YOU for neverneding nights and more pls!

I guess my suggestion of a change for the intro music was something i rethought. Instaed of totally changing it. Could you let the guitar solo play for the studio logo(YR studio logo that is) and have a different tune, one more to the theme abt 2 hapless wannabe adventurers , when the neverending nights logo appears and the episode title is introduced.

I really have no visual complaints. limitations of the graphcs of the game and all. but sometime the ambient sounds are too loud for the previous episodes or the voices are too soft and the background music didn't suit and well I guess I found you very professional so my standards coming in may have been high but you've made a fan of me and i think episode 17 is a work of art.
Neverending Nights rocks!
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! And Episode 17 is indeed one of my favorites... Episode 19 thru 21... they are going to be my favorite arc, without a doubt... I think we have a lot of cool things ahead... And the story really begins to take off - and has a heck of a cliff hanger! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: