Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode 14 - Here Comes The Sand Again - Comments.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Episode 14 - Here Comes The Sand Again - Comments. Reply with quote

Neverending Nights - Episode 14: Here Comes The Sand Again - (Right Click... SAVE AS...) Weighing in at our longest episode to date with 8:43 but a mere 27.3 megs of download, Episode 14 is a value meal waiting to be downloaded! In this episode Grayson and Peter ponder their fate in the desert and Grayson gets another visit from "Pat" inside his head! And perhaps the most astonishing thing? Peter proves to Grayson that he is a Great Hero! Download it, watch it, and tell your friends and family about it!

PSP Version: Episode 14 for the PSP. (Right Click... SAVE AS... 48.6 Megs)
Wraith
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagnabbit! I have to leave for work now!

It's downloaded though and I'll watch it as soon as I get home. Don't wait on me if you need to stick it out for public consumption! Smile
Wraith
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat is a hit in my household. and Ian has spent the past ten minutes repeating the last exchange between Peter and Grayson over and over. Which is driving Aaron nuts.... I love my child. *laughs evilly*

Well worth the wait. I like the hands (and face) in the sand. Smile
Tawmis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hands and the head thing is actually a nod to our beloved Adam. We call it his BGA Pose. I should have Aim show off all of those pictures...
Wraith
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures are always welcome. Smile I love pictures.
Chessrook44
Got Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find an oasis, I'll call you whatever you want!
Turn around.
I hate you.

I loved that!
Chessrook44
Got Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised... Peter went beyond the Fourth Wall! He said it was episode 14!
Tawmis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he did. Very Happy
PlyerQuirkDarer
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! Well worth the looooong wait (heheh okay so it was barely over a day for me since I just stumbled on these the other day).

These two could kill the dragon by making it laugh to death at their hilarious interchanges.

Nice stuff with the scenery and the wordplay, among all the rest! Liking the gradual reveal on the voice too.

Poor Pawl, he should learn whatever trick it is the little girl in War of the Worlds uses, heheh. Shocked
Tawmis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Very glad that you've found some enjoyment in the products of our insanity! Very Happy

I am quite curious as to how you stumbled onto our site? Was it by random chance, or did you see a link somewhere? (Just checking if my self promotion on all these forums I troll is doing any good recruiting new viewers) Twisted Evil
PlyerQuirkDarer
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
I am quite curious as to how you stumbled onto our site? Was it by random chance, or did you see a link somewhere? (Just checking if my self promotion on all these forums I troll is doing any good recruiting new viewers) Twisted Evil

Heheh well Machinima.com is where I came across your first few episodes, then came to the site here to check out the rest (nicely done site btw). Your movies caught my eye because of the NWN engine usage most of all, been a fan and player (and beginning dm) on that, mostly on NeverWinter Connections, pretty close to since that all got going.. Unfortunately not too active most of the time on their forums and whatnot tho so if you've been promo'ing there I would have missed it anyway.

Already started recommending NeN around a bit to another Machinima fan or two I know, and will definitely be coming up in the pre-game chat in the Neverwinter Connections campaign I'm in.

Haven't followed BioWare's Wednesdays all the time but noticed you got a cool interview there -- so you prob'ly have plenty of word of mouth going around the nwn community. I bet nwc folks know about it too but if not they soon will ;^)

One place it would be awesome would be in the once or twice a year online Neverwinter Convention -- if Danebo and MacGamer and all the rest are still organizing those, I bet they could somehow even work in a link directly from the in-game NeverWinter Convention Center module that runs during it. Would be awesome as a kind of "film festival" which people would no doubt chat up and start spoofing Peter and Grayson et al right there in the Center.

Hmmmm... just checked out the forums there for the first time in a few months and the dedicated NWCon section seems to be missing now.... maybe it's on haitus for awhile.... well if it kicks in again later this year, NeN better be a part of it! Exclamation Though if it is, hope you have some hi-volume server action going for the rush-hour traffic likely.

Heheh, anyway, there's the long answer!

Damn I'm sounding an aweful lot like Peter going "is it the ringing like this, or wait no like that... but tell me what the ringing sounds like already!" lol Confused
Tawmis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh! I don't mind long winded answers. If you have read the Bioware Interview... you can see I am pretty long winded myself.

As for the NWCon... definitely let us know if that's happening. I've been discussing with Adam that something I'd like to do is perhaps do a speaking bit at the San Diego Con next year - that's if Rooster Teeth isn't gonna do one. There's no way I even wanna try to talk Machinima if they're gonna talk it up - they're the experts in the matter, in my eyes. Smile

But I think that'd be incredibly fun and interesting, to see if we generate enough interest to do some fun Q&A stuff...
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got the latest video...

It was pretty damn good. A love the fact that they have gotten themselves lost in a desert now. First a forest, then a cave, now a desert... what will they get lost in next? The voice thing was kind of a bit too obvious if you ask me... but it was still funny. I wonder who the sword used to belong to? Do we get to meet that person in the series? that would be cool.

You know the part with peter talking about his inner-voices... it would have been better if instead of just being advice it was actually his conscious. Instead of 'don't jump the ravine' he could have quoted something like 'don't steal gold from the well' or 'do something with your life and stop filching from your friends and family'.

The talk about ringing seemed a bit too similar to the talk about what Paul was trying to say.

I loved Grayson's reasoning for the mirage, though I think the whole 'Peter getting a word wrong' thing is getting a bit tired...

The bit with the oasis was pretty funny. "I hate you... Peter the great hero" Laughing

BTW... what the heck is with the fourth wall? I've heard this several places, and I have no idea what it is. Could someone explain what is meant by breaking the fourth wall, and the fourth wall in general?

And... was that one of the goblins behind Paul? And his scream sounded a bit... pathetic.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
So I got the latest video...
It was pretty damn good. A love the fact that they have gotten themselves lost in a desert now. First a forest, then a cave, now a desert... what will they get lost in next?

Name an enviroment, they're bound to get lost in it. Smile

Season One is almost over though. (Well okay, 7 more episodes, but they're pretty much all planned out... I can't even believe it myself... utter insanity!)

Nameless wrote:

The voice thing was kind of a bit too obvious if you ask me... but it was still funny. I wonder who the sword used to belong to? Do we get to meet that person in the series? that would be cool.

The sword is going to be a focal point very soon. As for meeting the person who owned it... Well, we have to keep some surprises.

Nameless wrote:

You know the part with peter talking about his inner-voices... it would have been better if instead of just being advice it was actually his conscious. Instead of 'don't jump the ravine' he could have quoted something like 'don't steal gold from the well' or 'do something with your life and stop filching from your friends and family'.

Well the point here was to prove that Peter often has the conscious thought to do something safe - but just decides its bad advice and ignores it. Smile

Nameless wrote:

The talk about ringing seemed a bit too similar to the talk about what Paul was trying to say.

It's supposed to. Sort of like a running joke. We tend to do that. Like the map was one. Then the speaking thing.

Nameless wrote:

I loved Grayson's reasoning for the mirage, though I think the whole 'Peter getting a word wrong' thing is getting a bit tired...

Don't worry, that will be faded out very soon. Smile

Nameless wrote:

The bit with the oasis was pretty funny. "I hate you... Peter the great hero" Laughing

A great line indeed! Smile

Nameless wrote:

BTW... what the heck is with the fourth wall? I've heard this several places, and I have no idea what it is. Could someone explain what is meant by breaking the fourth wall, and the fourth wall in general?

Breaking the 4th Wall is essentially when a character in a story becomes aware of the fact that they're a character in a story! So it would be like if Frodo from Lord of the Rings suddenly said, "You know, in the next scene when they show Gollum, he's going to be naked." He's suddenly aware of the fact that he's a character in a book or movie.

Here's a more... official definition. The Fourth Wall.

Nameless wrote:

And... was that one of the goblins behind Paul? And his scream sounded a bit... pathetic.

Pawl the Dorf's scream... it was supposed to be... unmanly. None of our would be heroes are all that manly when confronted with fear. Very Happy

Not only was it a goblin - but it was Bob! The very goblin that Paul does the voice for. Obviously the goblins can hear Pawl the Dorf in their caves and may be looking for him... and is that good or bad news for Pawl the Dorf? We will find out in a few short episodes...

(Insert that dramatic music thing)
PlyerQuirkDarer
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
As for the NWCon... definitely let us know if that's happening. I've been discussing with Adam that something I'd like to do is perhaps do a speaking bit at the San Diego Con next year - that's if Rooster Teeth isn't gonna do one. There's no way I even wanna try to talk Machinima if they're gonna talk it up - they're the experts in the matter, in my eyes. Smile

But I think that'd be incredibly fun and interesting, to see if we generate enough interest to do some fun Q&A stuff...

My whole family except me is going to ComicCon International next week (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to) -- my brother's an RvB fan too and is probably going to be on the lookout, though sounded like he didn't see anything mentioning them there yet. Maybe they only make closer ones to wherever they live -- seems like it's definitely a local/regional kind of thing in some ways.... But if you guys ever make it to one in the northwest I'm probably gonna hafta check it out! I've toyed with ideas of strange and interesting uses of the Aurora engine in particular, though Machinima seems like the coolest yet so far, as far as beyond the original intended purpose (did see an example of a teacher developing stuff to teach early colonial American history with it though -- more along the lines of my wierd twistings of its sinews ;^).

But yeah, if NWCon is happening again, you guys should do not only link to a filmfest room but also I bet some of the in-game panels at the NWCon Center, and/or a scheduled IRC panel, for sure! Will keep an eye out for it and drop a line to the people organizing those next time if/when that comes round again.

I mean the bardic storytelling and the darts room and the goofy comedian bots and jugglers and whatnot they had going were great and all, but it's a no-brainer to branch out even further in NWN-based entertainment, when it's well-prepped labors-of-love like this nutty fun stuff you guys put out. Hah! you could even put on your Peter and Grayson costumes with the ease of uploading a .bic file to MacGamer (he built and ran the in-game Con Center, the first time or two it debuted anyway).... Or better yet, the goblin gang could go all out with their Home Sweet Home dance moves, teaching con-goers how to do it like they do on the underground channel, rotfl....

Or wait.... You could offer in-game tours of the sets even, linked to directly from the Convention.... Heck, for that matter you could do at least some elements of in-game machinima tutorials using the Aurora engine, the way that NWN DM'ing-101 classes and whatnot are held.... Show off the invisible creature hak npc possessing for the camera, even let people jump into it as dm's.... Of course all the frame-capture, audio issues and whatnot would probably just be chat there and links to tips at Machinima.com or wherever.... Okay now I really need to get to sleep, getting punchy with the possibilities, and signing you up for way more than you ever could have known, muahahaaa.... not to mention speaking way beyond what I know yet of what makes machinima happen. Mr. Green Oh and can anyone please press the "way off topic" light-up button please? (doh!)

Sleep! Now! Over and ou....zzzzzzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: