Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Character Profiles - COMMENTS.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Character Profiles - COMMENTS. Reply with quote

D-Slash suggested it, and now, after like 11 hours of working on this (it's now 3:00am!) - the Character Profiles are up!

Share your comments here. Feel free to let me know if I made an error (spelling, continuity, etc) anywhere - or if you have a question about something mentioned.
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fun stuff... any chance of you linking to the .bic character files as well - or perhaprs a small .erf with all the goodness for making some nen fun ?
D-Slash
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked the suggestion Very Happy

Very well done guys, you can tell a l0t of time went into it.
halzar
LFS - Looking for Salt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok which one of you cracks addicts did the height and weight?

Amiee
Elf
Height: 5'6
Weight: 110 lbs.

Andrea
Human
Height: 5'8
Weight: 120 lbs.

Poppy
Human
Height: 5'9
Weight: 120 lbs

Rainbow
Human
Height: 5'10
Weight: 125 lbs

Lorraine
Human
Height: 5'10
Weight: 118 lbs.

OK all the women are Kate moss style Crack addicts except one who is An ex east german Female wrestler I guess

Ellen
Bugbear
Height: 4'3
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halzar wrote:
Ok which one of you cracks addicts did the height and weight?
OK all the women are Kate moss style Crack addicts except one who is An ex east german Female wrestler I guess
Ellen
Bugbear
Height: 4'3

Ellen is what one would call thick-boned. Very Happy
Red Dragon Inn Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Creative stuff there! That must have indeed taken a long time to think up backgrounds for each character. I find the easy GM way out of this is to just say they all had amnesia after their skills training, and therefor... well...nevermind.... they forgot their skills, so I guess that doesn't work out too well as a "short cut" to character development.

Was Vern's weapon description on purpose? --->
"SWORD: Vern, as all guards of Ator, was provided a magical weapon. Vern's bladeis able to burning an opponet with its searing blade."

...no offense but it sounds like Vern is also from Asia (and I don't mean the musical group). Wink Or maybe you wrote it like that to be funny (it is funny but I'm not sure if you meant it to burningly funny). [edited] - actually now that I think about it "to burning an opponent" is kind of a slang joke-like statement I've heard somewhere before. So forgive me for my slowness. I no getting the joke first try (aaaah...my head a-splode).

Anyway, great work on that stuff! Adds quite a bit of depth and background to an already fascinating world you guys have created.

Only thing I might add to it is possibly a small sound clip of each or do that as a mouse-over "easter egg" type thingy on each image. For example, an image map where if you click on Paul the Dorf's eye a sound clip goes "Ahhhh... me eye!" Something short and sweet that wouldn't hog alot of bandwidth or anything. Just an idea. It would be really easy to do that in macromedia Flash. Or an old html image map could do it, but I'm not sure if the .wav file or whatever would open in a page by itself or if you could script it to play in the background.
Draxxar
Red Dragon Inn Regular

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Here's an example in Flash version 5.0 (hope you don't mind my snagging your "Paul the Dorf" pic to show you this...):

http://www.geocities.com/warmag@sbcglobal.net/pauldorf.html
...or the flash file directly
http://www.geocities.com/warmag@sbcglobal.net/pauldorf.swf

...and the actual (optional) .FLA source file (if you have macromedia Flash designer) about 671k bytes... the source files are typically HUGE as they're uncompressed, sorry:
http://www.geocities.com/warmag@sbcglobal.net/pauldorf.fla

Basically click on his left eye in the picture and you get a small sound clip.
Pardon my really really bad Paul the Dorf impersonation there. I don't make a very convincing Dorf... or pirate for that matter.

If you don't have macromedia Flash designer and want me to help you do sound clips like this for each image, just send me some MP3 files and I can add these in easily. That example there took me like less than a minute to do. So not very time consuming at all. That's if you even want to do something like this. Just a suggestion.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Vern's bladeis able to burning an opponet

That is actually a typo on my behalf. Will fix it soon.

As for the mouse over map - you're skills at html exceed mine by miles. Smile
I love Adam (and I sponsored!)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did it in Flash. I like flash myself. Can be fun.

I liked the profiles too. But really, calling Grayson a sidekick. Straight man, maybe, but not sidekick.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, yes I meant his Flash skills are > mine, cuz I know zilch on Flash.

And calling Grayson a side kick - well if Peter's a Great Hero, every great hero has a side kick! Very Happy
Red Dragon Inn Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the summoned house cat was already the side kick? You mean you can have TWO side kicks? Wink

... I guess since you have more than one side, you could have four side kicks if you were a square shaped hero. Or maybe six side kicks if you were die shaped. Or maybe you just need one to kick you in the side once in awhile? (just kidding) Wink

But this brings up a good point. If this theory holds true then the ice cube monster must have up to six angry side kicks out looking for revenge right now.

That... kicks sides!
Tawmis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, technically Daniel the Destructive was Alan the Astounding's side kick. However, Daniel left to go on his own - and then ended up being Andrea the Assassin's sidekick (much to her dismay).

And since Peter is a Great Hero (in Grayson's own words, no less!) that would make his traveling companion his side kick. And every great hero has a side kick - Batman and Robin, Captain America and Bucky, ... odd, in comics the side kicks always seem to die...

Not that I am implying anything! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. The voices in Peter's head can be his sidekicks. Then he can have as many as he wants.
Draxxar
Red Dragon Inn Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then... what about superman? Who was his sidekick? Lois Lane? Or maybe because he was so super he didn't even need a sidekick, unless when he teamed up with the justice league... okay, I'm stretching it a bit. Oh, no, wait... the phonebooth is clearly his sidekick! Very Happy

The thing I don't get about sidekicks is the logic flaw in the name "The Lone Ranger"... because he had Tonto, right? So he wasn't exactly "lone"... of course if you count that Tonto wasn't a Ranger, then he could still be "lone" in regards to being the only ranger of the two. Or actually maybe Tonto wasn't exactly a real sidekick. Maybe he was more like Alfred the butler was to Batman and Robin. But I guess "The Ranger and Indian Butler Show" doesn't have as catchy a name as "The Lone Ranger."

Tawmis wrote:
And since Peter is a Great Hero (in Grayson's own words, no less!)....

Wait a minute here... You're referring to the time Peter found the oasis, and got Grayson to say that? That looked like a trick to me but okay. I guess it counts... sort of. If I'd been tricked like that I'd probably try and deny it though and blame it all on desert madness (or too much salt and not enough water). Very Happy
Tawmis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sotc wrote:
Meh. The voices in Peter's head can be his sidekicks. Then he can have as many as he wants.

Peter doesn't have voices in his head. Very Happy

I assume ye meant Grayson... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: