Neverending Nights.com :: View topic - Pre-Order NWN2...

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Pre-Order NWN2...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Red Dragon Inn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Pre-Order NWN2... Reply with quote

... and you get the TOOLSET.

http://games.ign.com/articles/732/732049p1.html

Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset
Available exclusively as part of Atari's pre-order campaign with select retailers.

posted by IGN Staff

September 11, 2006 - Atari, Inc., one of the world's most recognized brands and leading third-party video game publisher, today announced that the Company will support a pre-order campaign for Neverwinter Nights 2 with Gamestop and Best Buy. In development by Obsidian Entertainment, the highly-anticipated Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Forgotten Realms universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and will transport players back to the embattled city of Neverwinter. Dungeons & Dragons is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro. The pre-order offer is available now and will give participating gamers exclusive access to the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset one month before the game is available. Additionally, the pre-order offer will include The Merchant's Friend, a special feature enabling players to obtain powerful items crafted especially for each of the 12 classes.

"The Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset is groundbreaking software that provides players with the unprecedented ability to create their own universes, quests and storylines," said Stephen Baer, Senior Product Manager, Atari, Inc. "The Neverwinter Nights 2 community has been extremely supportive of the upcoming game and with this pre-order offer we hope to reward those who are particularly excited to experience the next installment of the Neverwinter epic tale."

"Atari has certainly set the stage for a very exciting Neverwinter Nights 2 launch," said Hasbro Properties Group Senior Licensing Manager Jerry Chu. "The pre-sell toolset gives the millions of fanatic Neverwinter Nights players a jump start on the next epic tale and the keys to create new storylines with limitless quests and endings. The level of customized mods will be phenomenal."

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries and features one of the largest and most active fan communities in all of gaming. To date, fans of the franchise, which includes Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide and Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, have created nearly 4,000 modifications to the original game using the original, award-winning Aurora Toolset. A more robust toolset will be included with the release of Neverwinter Nights 2.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is scheduled for release in October 2006. More information about Neverwinter Nights 2 can be found at www.nwn2.com , which includes user forums, project news, development updates and more.
SnafeDarkrold
Music Master
Music Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pre-order it... but my computer cant handle NWN2...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Sad

Although even my computer did run it, I wouldn't buy it for at least six months or something so when I did there would be plenty of custom content already done (with NWN, the custom content could be a lot better than the OC...)
Duncan Idaho
Wanna Be Hero

Location: Cyber Space. Ooooo, lookie the shiny 3 Dimensional digits!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN 2 looks really really good. I dont think my PC an play it however. (Thats why Im bulding a new one) Im probibly going to buy the game, just because I remember how addicted I was to NWN, though I stopped playing when my total time was over 700 hours Laughing .
SnafeDarkrold
Music Master
Music Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, I dont know my total time... but I have been playing it daily for nearly the past 3 and a half years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chessrook44
the Astounding

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... does this mean if we DON'T pre-order then we DON'T get the toolset?!
Tawmis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nay. The way it's working is the toolset will NOT be included with NWN2. However, shortly after NWN2's release - the toolset will become available as a download. (I believe you will need the serial key and a registered account on Bioware or Obsidian) to acquire the download.

This is the last I heard, anyway...
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit random to me. Why not just include it with the game? It's not like (from memmory) it took up tremendous size or anything, given all the tilesets and stuff would be with the game in any case. And this way people without an internet connection miss out (although, I feel they miss out a lot from the customability anyway) and those with a slow connection are inconvienced (especially those with limited downloads). Has anybody heard their reasoning for this change?
Tawmis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Seems a bit random to me. Why not just include it with the game? It's not like (from memmory) it took up tremendous size or anything, given all the tilesets and stuff would be with the game in any case. And this way people without an internet connection miss out (although, I feel they miss out a lot from the customability anyway) and those with a slow connection are inconvienced (especially those with limited downloads). Has anybody heard their reasoning for this change?

They will undoubtedly make a CD/DVD that can be purchased separately for like $4.99 or something for those who do not have the internet or have a slow connection... but to my understanding, essentially the toolset is not going to be the focus of the customer service for NWN2 (or at least not initially)... there's a few threads discussing this on their forums.
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was the DM client they weren't including in the normal release, but that the toolkit would either be included (most likely) or downloadable on release (like for Oblivion)?

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=48
-sounds like the updated aurora hits the retail box

.... and the prerelease is jsut days away
http://www.atari.com/nwn2/presell/lang/UK/index.html Smile
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
Nameless wrote:

They will undoubtedly make a CD/DVD that can be purchased separately for like $4.99 or something for those who do not have the internet or have a slow connection... but to my understanding, essentially the toolset is not going to be the focus of the customer service for NWN2 (or at least not initially)... there's a few threads discussing this on their forums.

Tch. The toolset was what made NWN truly awesome. If they start taking the focus away from it, they're making a mistake. Confused
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well - i'd say that releasing the Toolset ONE MONTH ahead of the actual game is giving it a lot more focus, rather than less
Wink

-they've probably seen all the discussion on the bioboards with people planning and doing simple pre-production for their nwn2 campaigns and worlds... and figured: hey, what better way to launch than to say "already xxxx fanmade modules and persisten worlds to play on"
Very Happy
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

Tch. The toolset was what made NWN truly awesome. If they start taking the focus away from it, they're making a mistake. Confused

Wait till ye see the one for NWN2... from what we did at E3 with it... it makes for some amazing stuff.

sparrow-nest wrote:
well - i'd say that releasing the Toolset ONE MONTH ahead of the actual game is giving it a lot more focus, rather than less
Wink
-they've probably seen all the discussion on the bioboards with people planning and doing simple pre-production for their nwn2 campaigns and worlds... and figured: hey, what better way to launch than to say "already xxxx fanmade modules and persisten worlds to play on"
Very Happy

I agree - releasing the toolset first would be nice... except there would be no way to test for bugs in your module without the actual game to run it and test it. Very Happy
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:

I agree - releasing the toolset first would be nice..

WILL be nice - as the toolset will be available this week, while the game is still a good month away from being shipped
Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow-nest wrote:
Tawmis wrote:

I agree - releasing the toolset first would be nice..

WILL be nice - as the toolset will be available this week, while the game is still a good month away from being shipped
Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

Where did you hear this at? THIS week?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Red Dragon Inn All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: