Forums About Us Donations EpicSki Academy
Training Partners Gear Travel
Search the forums with Google

Go Back   The Barking Bear Forums > Gear Forums > Ski Swap - Buy & Sell Gear

Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
EpicSki Supporter

Default Metron B:5 - 172 cm - 2006 Model - $395

These Metron B:5's are last year's version, and have been skied on 12 times. They include the lighter 2006 aluminum Neox 412 bindings.

The 2006 Metron B:5's were awarded "Ski of the Year" by Peter Keelty's highly regarded "Realskiers.com" site, and repeat this year as "Best All Mountain Carver". Conclusion:
"The B5 remains king of the all mountain versatile carvers"- Peter Keelty. (continued below)

Bases and edges are clean - used once since tuned and waxed by certified Atomic technician, with proper side and base bevel.

Tops are in good condition, with minor scuffing (no dents or gouges). Close-up photos of tops and bottoms will be provided upon request.

Metron B:5's are the most exciting skis I've owned (see my many comments elsewhere on the forum). I'll always own Metrons.

However, time marches on. I'm now 53 years, and find I don't have the muscle mass to power these skis day-long. I'm downgrading to either the Metron 9's or 10's.

The B:5's are the ultimate performance Metron. Edge-hold and power are unmatched. The B:5's slingshot you out of a turn like no other ski. They're a thrill-ride, but you've gotta bring the gas.

Current retail on the Metron B:5's is $1450, with bindings (skis and bindings unchanged this year). Price: $395.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
EpicSki Supporter

In reponse to many PM's, the price remains $395.

Skiing Magazine lists the retail price of Metron B:5's in their "Gear Guide 2007" issue at: $1,610, with bindings.

I'm willing to cover the shipping price, (via UPS ground).
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Someone is going to get a great deal on a schweet ski.
Old Today, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Strato View Post
Skiing Magazine lists the retail price of Metron B:5's in their "Gear Guide 2007" issue at: $1,610, with bindings.
It looks like the real (street) price for the current model is quite a bit less than $1610 (that is, $1610 isn't a useful number).

The $395 is a good deal and the skis are great.