Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neverending Nights - Episode 26 - Comments.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season Two)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Neverending Nights - Episode 26 - Comments. Reply with quote

At long last, it's here! The next juicy installment of Neverending Nights! I know, I know! You guys are starving for the episode! Well, fine, fine - I won't go into too much detail about someone making a return with this episode, and there's something with a map, and a campfire, and being lost, and... Well, this episode has it all! Neverending Nights - Episode 26: Reunited And It Feels So Good (Right Click, Save As... this one is going to cost you 45.1 Megs on your precious hard drive)!

By all means, leave all the feedback that you want - good, bad, down the middle. We want to hear it.

(And some day I will go into detail about the nightmare these last few videos have caused me which is finally making me seek a real editing program...)

Q. How can I get it faster?
A. Sponsor us.

Q. So are you guys late with episodes to encourage us to sponsor?
A. Maybe.

Last edited by Tawmis on Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 mb?

THAT kicks rocks!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

too bad it is already Monday morning over here, so watching might have to wait a little bit

joking aside, good too see the episodes keep on coming
tmriddle1331
My Avatar Is Broken
My Avatar Is Broken

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING

KEEP YOUR SPEAKERS LOW!!!
I am going to go to NY and kick some heads in... then kick some rocks on those heads I have kicked in. Laughing
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading now and SERIOUSLY guys just use rar already >_>

EDIT: ...

WEAK >_>

Seriously, what the hell was that? There were no jokes that caused me to laugh out loud. None. My mouth remained entirely closed during the whole episode (although, it almost opened in a startled gasp at Grayon's overloud exclamation). The dialog was contrived and uninteresting, the plot 'twists' fairly obvious, the jokes overused. The only remotely amusing moment was Peter's 50/50 comment, but even that wasn't exactly LOL-worthy.

I'm going to be the first to call it: Worst episode of NeN. Sad
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow-nest wrote:
45 mb?
THAT kicks rocks!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
too bad it is already Monday morning over here, so watching might have to wait a little bit
joking aside, good too see the episodes keep on coming

Actually I think the size has a lot to do with the editor... I was having ALL kinds of problems... and when I finally got it to work, it took MUCH longer than it normally does to compile it and save... So don't let the size of the file fool you. It's only about 4 to 5 minutes of an episode (or somewhere there abouts!)

tmriddle1331 wrote:
WARNING

KEEP YOUR SPEAKERS LOW!!!

BWHAHAHAH! You know, I considered turning that portion down - but I thought - "Nah. It really conveys the emotion being that loud." Laughing

Nameless wrote:
Downloading now and SERIOUSLY guys just use rar already >_>

RAR would do no good for this. WMV files are already compressed as it is, RAR might get it to compress 2% more, if that. The only reason I zip the files really is so that people don't stream it right off of our site (or at least decrease the chance of that happening).

Nameless wrote:

WEAK >_>
Seriously, what the hell was that? There were no jokes that caused me to laugh out loud. None. My mouth remained entirely closed during the whole episode (although, it almost opened in a startled gasp at Grayon's overloud exclamation). The dialog was contrived and uninteresting, the plot 'twists' fairly obvious, the jokes overused. The only remotely amusing moment was Peter's 50/50 comment, but even that wasn't exactly LOL-worthy.
I'm going to be the first to call it: Worst episode of NeN. Sad

If you didn't like that episode - well, you might as well stop watching right about... now. I think some of the future episode have some laughs - but personally I enjoyed Episode 26 (when we made it), because I think it got back to the root of what makes NeN...

Everything from getting the map, losing the map (if you will), reuniting with Pawl the Dorf, being hopelessly lost while on their newest quest.

And I thought some of the dialogue - especially once they realize they have lost the map, was funny.

So if you didn't find this episode funny, there's very little hope that you're going to find the future episodes funny. Smile

Just warning ya. Smile

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
Wizard Weatherwax
Cheesy Wax
Cheesy  Wax

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'll we do with a drunken sailor, What'll we do with a drunken sailor, Earl-aye in the morning?

Lol. I liked it. It wasn’t really funny as in “Ha! Ha! Ha! I am dieing here!”, but it had its moments. I liked seeing Peter and Grayson again, and I especially liked to see Pawl again.

I am a bit confused though… Pawl seems to be taking this situation pretty well. I mean… sure he is a ghost, meaning that he isn’t exactly dead as in DEAD, but he is nevertheless dead.

The part about the two ways was funny, simply because it reminded me about my favourite NeN episode… the one in the woods when our two Heroes are lost.

Go, Pawl!

Huzzah!

Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems.

Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!

D'oh!
SnafeDarkrold
Music Master
Music Master

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, The credits had me laughing... but I think I might be the only one who laughed at that Wink

I think it was great! I remember singing that "drunken-sailor" song back in mens choir in Jr. High.

It looks like you guys are starting to get a better understanding of emotes and what the character can do to make him just that much more interactable.

And I must say, the quality was great! The episode by itself wasnt that great, but I sat down and watched all of the episodes in season two, and things start to make more sense and I now actually see a sense of direction in the story for season 2 compared to season 1.

Great Job!

So when is the next episode coming out? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard Weatherwax wrote:
What'll we do with a drunken sailor, What'll we do with a drunken sailor, Earl-aye in the morning?

The song is actually an Irish song - that Adam and Paul know - but I don't think it's an original. I am pretty sure it's a common Irish song or something...

Wizard Weatherwax wrote:

Lol. I liked it. It wasn’t really funny as in “Ha! Ha! Ha! I am dieing here!”, but it had its moments. I liked seeing Peter and Grayson again, and I especially liked to see Pawl again.

I am not sure any of our episodes have been "Ha! Ha! Ha! I am dying here!" kind of funny! Laughing

Wizard Weatherwax wrote:

I am a bit confused though… Pawl seems to be taking this situation pretty well. I mean… sure he is a ghost, meaning that he isn’t exactly dead as in DEAD, but he is nevertheless dead.

Well keep in mind. Pawl the Dorf died in Episode 19 or 20 (I can't remember), so he's been wandering around for 8 or 9 episodes (in the background, lol) being dead. That's plenty of time to realize he's dead - and there's not much he can do about it.

But do you think Grayson and Peter are going to leave Pawl the Dorf as Pawl the Ghost? Of course not!

And do you think it's going to turn out well for Pawl the Dorf?

Of course not!

Wizard Weatherwax wrote:

The part about the two ways was funny, simply because it reminded me about my favourite NeN episode… the one in the woods when our two Heroes are lost.

Go, Pawl!

Huzzah!

See, this is why I enjoyed doing this episode also - I thought it really went back to the basics of NeN. Very Happy

SnafeDarkrold wrote:

Hehe, The credits had me laughing... but I think I might be the only one who laughed at that Wink

Yeah, I was hoping that would get a chuckle out of you. Funny thing is most people in the public release won't get it, because it's always corrected by then - unless they have read the thread where you mention my repeated mistake. Very Happy

SnafeDarkrold wrote:

I think it was great! I remember singing that "drunken-sailor" song back in mens choir in Jr. High.

Adam/Paul's bar singing Irish buddy (Tony) sings that song... fun song to sing when intoxicated at a bar, surrounded by a bunch of other drunk people, and slurring the lyrics...

SnafeDarkrold wrote:

It looks like you guys are starting to get a better understanding of emotes and what the character can do to make him just that much more interactable.

Well I have been playing with the NWN engine alot to try some different things... Like when I get Grayson to shake his head "No" near the beginning of the episode... getting Peter and Grayson to look UP at Dean the Dragon, etc.

What's a bummer is Adam originally filmed it - and I originally cut it to the footage he used because he had some great scenes. But when I tried to save it - it gave me an error saying that it couldn't save. So I tried a few things, and still got that error. (I believe I mentioned last episode it was doing the same thing to me). So I thought, somehow the files were corrupted. So I refilmed the whole thing, then converted the videos, and got the error again. (I was going insane, which is why I posted the thread about looking for a cheap editor). After rebooting my PC several times, going to the WMM forum, after nearly 2 hours later, and randomly on the third reboot of my PC - it suddenly began saving the footage I had filmed. I am not sure why, but it seems that WMM has become increasingly more unstable for me to use. (Of course on my laptop I have Windows Vista, which has a newer version of WMM on there available only to Vista... so I may try editing on my laptop - only problem there is my laptop has a very small hard drive, so I'd have to network share the files... well, anyway...)

Anyway, yes - I have been using the NWN engine to try different things on my spare time (I have some ideas in my head that I may wanna do in machinima, and the NWN engine would be perfect... of course, it is a matter of finding the time to write it out, film, voice it, etc...)

SnafeDarkrold wrote:

And I must say, the quality was great! The episode by itself wasnt that great, but I sat down and watched all of the episodes in season two, and things start to make more sense and I now actually see a sense of direction in the story for season 2 compared to season 1.
Great Job!

Season 2 is definitely far more story driven. I think there's actually a real story there, mixed in with the nonsense of Peter, Grayson and Pawl the Dorf, as they try to figure things out. Very Happy

SnafeDarkrold wrote:

So when is the next episode coming out? Wink

When I find a cheap, easy to use editor. Laughing

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.

Last edited by Tawmis on Mon May 07, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnafeDarkrold
Music Master
Music Master

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Huh... it really does taste like pepper!"

hehe, that made me laugh Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
myoki
Don't Foo With Me!
Don't Foo With Me!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome episode.. good job guys Smile

My favorite line is the bit about "I used a paper in your backpack... my bad!"
Steph_M
Adam's favorite...maybe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er....when did Pawl become Australian? "Crikey, lads!"

Should've been more along the lines of "Bloody hell, lads!" as that would've been more in keeping with English/Scottish dialect of most Dwarves.

I thought the overall feel was "getting back to basics" as it shows just what dipshit Peter really is.

Enjoyed it thoroughly! Very Happy

What would you do with a drunken sailor? <----lots of nice verses, funny as hell!

BRAVERY: It's a fine line away from stupidity...

DM TIP:Why kick a player, when you have resources to make them believe they are in a worse situation than the last level of DOOM?
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kravchick2000 wrote:

Er....when did Pawl become Australian? "Crikey, lads!"
Should've been more along the lines of "Bloody hell, lads!" as that would've been more in keeping with English/Scottish dialect of most Dwarves.

Pawl the Dorf's accent was created with the idea of "Create the worse pirate, scottish, irish accent you possibly can..."

You need to go back and watch the episode that has Pawl the Dorf's origin. His accent is intentionally horrible and "incorrect" - because he was raised by humans. He does the accent on purpose to "sound dwarf like." Very Happy

So Pawl the Dorf, not sounding "correct" is much like Peter's ability as a ranger, to get lost in the woods. Smile

kravchick2000 wrote:

I thought the overall feel was "getting back to basics" as it shows just what dipshit Peter really is.

Yeah! See, glad someone sees it...

HEY! What do you mean?!?!? Very Happy

kravchick2000 wrote:

Enjoyed it thoroughly! Very Happy

Thank you! Smile

kravchick2000 wrote:

What would you do with a drunken sailor? <----lots of nice verses, funny as hell!

That there be the song, lass! Smile

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

topline: another nice episode - in the nen spirit, chuckles and in-jokes galore

overall I enjoyed the episode, perhaps a bit more because I read some impressions here beforehand and didn't have the highest of expectations

some witty remarks and bickering made it fun, like the take the other way routine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_sailor - up she rises... wonder of whom Paul could be singing? Andrea perhaps?

the video seemed to be of higher quality this time around, it looked really good in full screen (1920*1200, beyond HD Cool ) - could be partially from the cavern set having better textures or from the WMM snafu?

missed the credit joke first time - but that is the kind of thing that makes this forum + the series so much more fun than a "regular" (read: sane) comdey - the little touches of crazy mishaps

it was a bit strange to just have the credits end, missed another mini blooper or short shot (perhaps a re-take of dwrf standing around waiting for the heroes to wake up?)

stange dwrfs ftw!
http://www.teemorris.com/billipodcast/
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow-nest wrote:
Laughing
overall I enjoyed the episode, perhaps a bit more because I read some impressions here beforehand and didn't have the highest of expectations

Maybe I need to downplay every episode? Or just let Nameless write the description for the video. Laughing

sparrow-nest wrote:

some witty remarks and bickering made it fun, like the take the other way routine

See, this is all a part I thought brought it back to NeN at its most basic level. Smile Losing maps, campfire jokes, Peter and Grayson bickering, and Pawl the Dorf back in the mix with the Dynamic Duo!

sparrow-nest wrote:

the video seemed to be of higher quality this time around, it looked really good in full screen (1920*1200, beyond HD Cool ) - could be partially from the cavern set having better textures or from the WMM snafu?

I noticed the quality too. I am not entirely sure why that is, that it looks so sharp... Very Happy

sparrow-nest wrote:

missed the credit joke first time - but that is the kind of thing that makes this forum + the series so much more fun than a "regular" (read: sane) comdey - the little touches of crazy mishaps

I think you need to be able to laugh at yourself, and including "Travis Smith" in the credits only seemed fitting.

sparrow-nest wrote:

it was a bit strange to just have the credits end, missed another mini blooper or short shot (perhaps a re-take of dwrf standing around waiting for the heroes to wake up?)

stange dwrfs ftw!
http://www.teemorris.com/billipodcast/

Well we don't wanna do little segments at the end of every episode, or else it loses it's ... specialness. Everyone will expect to find them there. It's putting them there randomly for those that accidently go past the credits and get another surprise... that's where the fun is!

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
sparrow-nest
Empty Nest*
Empty Nest*

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
sparrow-nest wrote:
Laughing

Maybe I need to downplay every episode? Or just let Nameless write the description for the video. Laughing

Or just bring back ol'grumpy and the "of course it sucks" as a tagline up front along with the fancy studio animation

Rolling Eyes

...and WHO is Paul singing about? who is rising?
and what's with the white out as the bow flying (frame by frame ftw)?
Surely something unnatural or magic must have caused that?
Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season Two) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: