Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neverending Nights - Episode 33 - Comments!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season Two)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Neverending Nights - Episode 33 - Comments! Reply with quote

Neverending Nights - Episode 33: There Be Pirates! (Right Click, Save As... 44.1 Megs of NeN Goodness!) This episode Peter and Grayson (well mostly Peter) shares a tale of an "untold adventure" out on the high seas... where there happens to be... well, Pirates! (I know, a surprise right, considering the name of the Episode?) Peter the Ranger will become the new "Jack Sparrow" of the Pirate World... You just wait and see! Download this episode and check it out!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho... A Pirate's Life... For me....

Q. How can I get it faster?
A. Sponsor us.

Q. So are you guys late with episodes to encourage us to sponsor?
A. Maybe.

Last edited by Tawmis on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
QSW
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL! I think I'll marry Peter, just to pee off Grayson Razz

Jamie King - that woman's voice is beautiful. She, or rather her voice reminds me of someone...Katherine Zeta Jones in the Sinbad movie/cartoon? No, but close...oh now it will drive me mad until I figure it out.

I enjoyed this episode, my ranking is:

#32 = first place
#30 = second place
#31 = third place....but hey, I got all my favourite top 3's whichever way you look at it Wink

I have a feeling you really enjoyed making this one, if for no other reason the scenery is different .
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QSW wrote:

ROFL! I think I'll marry Peter, just to pee off Grayson Razz

LOL!

QSW wrote:

Jamie King - that woman's voice is beautiful. She, or rather her voice reminds me of someone...Katherine Zeta Jones in the Sinbad movie/cartoon? No, but close...oh now it will drive me mad until I figure it out.

Jamie's a very beautiful person. And she has one of the most incredible hearts ever.

QSW wrote:

#32 = first place
#30 = second place
#31 = third place....but hey, I got all my favourite top 3's whichever way you look at it Wink
I have a feeling you really enjoyed making this one, if for no other reason the scenery is different .

32 is your #1 spot - or 33 is? Smile (I know considering they both came out the same week it's confusing - just checking!) Very Happy

I really enjoyed doing this episode. Last night when Adam called me, he asked me, "What? You really finished Episode 32?" And I said, "Yeah, but that's because I want to hurry and get to Episode 33."

I knew this was going to be one of my favorites. Simply because everyone who has been following NeN for 32 episodes - was now going to see something completely different - and hopefully that would catch people off guard and get some extra laughs from them! Smile

And the Scarasea is nicknamed after Sara, who has the nickname Scara. She's the one who coined the phrase one day of, "That Kicks Rocks!" (meaning to say "That Kicks Ass" or "That rocks!" and accidently combined them both while driving one day with Paul and I). So this was also another way for me to nod and say thanks to Sara, who is also, another amazing woman!

And it's no secret I love Pirates (you can see my PirateBooty.net store for more on that! And Adam and Paul both are exceptionally huge fans of pirates also! (Adam even has a pirate tat on his shoulder! And he has - or had a huge pirate flag hanging in his closet - and I have one in the NeN Office Studio hanging!)

So that was all the more reason to make this one so fun to do!

And then, Travis... I asked him to make me a "Pirate Song" for this episode... and by the Goddess Nen, he somehow stepped inside my head and made my favorite NeN Song to date - the Pirate's Theme!

So all of those factors, rolling into one episode - made this episode a landslide for one of my favorites!

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
QSW
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#32 = first place
#30 = second place

32 is your #1 spot - or 33 is? Smile (I know considering they both came out the same week it's confusing - just checking!) Very Happy

33, *grins* numbers always have confused me Wink

You're a lucky man to know so many wonderful people....but I still have to suss out who her voice reminds me of.
Steph_M
Adam's favorite...maybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! ROFLMAO!!!!!

A few technical points, but I give it a 9.7!

Now, go get an empty glass or coffee cup. I'll wait....

*examines her nails while waiting*

Got one? Hold the open end next to your mouth and speak.

That's what Jamie and (sometimes) Tawmis sounded like. It sounded like they were in well.

Peter and Grayson should be ashamed of themselves. First they rip off a little girl, then they start spinning fantastic yarns....what's next? Pulling the wings off Dean The Dragon?

The score was SUPERB! I think Snafe outdid himself with that one!

Outstanding job overall!

9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7!

BRAVERY: It's a fine line away from stupidity...

DM TIP:Why kick a player, when you have resources to make them believe they are in a worse situation than the last level of DOOM?
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kravchick2000 wrote:
OMG! ROFLMAO!!!!!

So far, so good...

kravchick2000 wrote:

A few technical points, but I give it a 9.7!

Woot!

kravchick2000 wrote:

Now, go get an empty glass or coffee cup. I'll wait....
*examines her nails while waiting*
Got one? Hold the open end next to your mouth and speak.
That's what Jamie and (sometimes) Tawmis sounded like. It sounded like they were in well.

And this is exactly why we don't wanna take voices from people unless they can physically record in our little studio. Because I recorded Jamie's lines outside a Island's Parking Lot, in the "silence" of my car on a laptop. Smile So the quality of her recording was way down. So when I tried to match everyone's voice to it (except Paul, who does a great job speaking loudly because of the "Pawl voice") - all the other ones sort of got a ... metallic... ting to them, I guess. Grayson's isn't that noticable, because he talks pretty loud. Smile

kravchick2000 wrote:

Peter and Grayson should be ashamed of themselves. First they rip off a little girl, then they start spinning fantastic yarns....what's next? Pulling the wings off Dean The Dragon?

Well, this was Peter trying to impress a woman. (The long standing joke being, not that it's needed - but I always playfully hit on Jamie, because she's tall, long legs, and redhair... all my favorite qualities!) So this was basically my character trying to impress her. She got a laugh, because she was sure, I was going to write somewhere in the script, "Peter, I love you!" or "I would like to go out with you Peter, but I love Tawmis." Very Happy

kravchick2000 wrote:

The score was SUPERB! I think Snafe outdid himself with that one!

Amen, my favorite song by far from Travis.

kravchick2000 wrote:

Outstanding job overall!
9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7! 9.7!

*tells everyone to take a bow!*

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One ... day ... O_o

Ahem, anyway. This was a pretty good episode, but I'll willingly upgrade that to pretty damn good on the basis of speed at which it was released. Either way, the Smiles definitely outway the Sads, as I'll demonstrate with this following chart:

Smile
- "Lack of trust vibe" and Peter's attempts at working it out; Very amusing.
- "I don't think they'll go through the trouble of doing both."; A larger than normal LOL
- "Arr, I be dying captain."; Dutiful to the end, I see. Maybe would have been a little be better if there was even an "I regret to inform you" in there.
- Also, the apparent promotion of Pawl as he dies. Maybe not the best way of running a business, lol.
Minor points: The music was especially good in the episode, and the change of scenery (even if only imagined) and somewhat different episode format was nice.

Sad
- "I'll have to tell others of your fantastic deeds."; Yeah, um, overly exaggerated gullibility much? A better response might have been that she didn't believe them, but it was a good story so she'd have a laugh with her friends about it anyway.
Minor Point: Quality of the spoken audio was noticeably poorer than usual.
Adam
kravchick's greatest fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wadaminut what just happened... NEN put out 3 episodes in 5 days...

I feel faint.

Nameless: we're all just here for Adam's occasional appearances.
Steph_M
Adam's favorite...maybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot:

Aimee did not shoot the opening still. That is NOT a still. Aimee shot the "Opening footage", "Lead scene," something along those lines.

If it moves, it CAN'T be still. Wink

EDIT: My Dad's a photographer. He told me more than I ever wanted to know about the subject. Shocked

DM TIP:Why kick a player, when you have resources to make them believe they are in a worse situation than the last level of DOOM?
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

Sad
- "I'll have to tell others of your fantastic deeds."; Yeah, um, overly exaggerated gullibility much? A better response might have been that she didn't believe them, but it was a good story so she'd have a laugh with her friends about it anyway.

Have you read Christen the Chambermaid's profile?

It might explain why she was so amazed...

kravchick2000 wrote:
One thing I forgot:
Aimee did not shoot the opening still. That is NOT a still. Aimee shot the "Opening footage", "Lead scene," something along those lines.
If it moves, it CAN'T be still. Wink

It IS a still photograph. I took a still shot (well it was a shot with Odin in the water, but cropped Odin out), and then applied the "water" effect in Animation Studio. (It's how I got the "Pirates of the Scarasea" to move the way it does). So yes, it is VERY much a still image. It just has an effect applied to it, that makes it appear as if the water is moving.

(Hopefully people recognize the intro with the "Pirates of Scarasea" moving like that as spoofing the opening of "Pirates of the Carribaen")...

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! And I'd like to remind everyone - if you have enjoyed the music of this episode (or any of the episodes) - don't forget - you can now purchase the Official NeN Soundtrack - and the best part is that Travis/Snafe reaps all the cash benefit! So it's funding that - deservingly! - goes to him.

So show him some love!

Very Happy

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
Wizard Weatherwax
Cheesy Wax
Cheesy  Wax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wha? Another episode?

It´s the end of the world, I tell you! A sign of the Apocalypse! Run for your lives! Repent! Repent!

The Power of Christ Compels You! The Power of Christ Compels You!

Ahhhhhhh! We are all gonna die!

*Looks to the video camera*

I just want to apologize to Josh's mom, and Mike's mom, and my mom. I am so sorry! Because it was my fault. I was the one who brought them here. I was the one that said "keep going south." I was the one who said that we were not lost. It was my fault, because it was my project. I am so scared! I don't know what's out there. We are going to die out here! I am so scared!

And Now for Something Completely Different…

A great episode, mates! Aye! Shiver me timbers! Yo-ho, yo-ho!

Step aside, Captain Jack Sparrow! There is a new Captain in the seas!

Captain Peter!

Aye! Kraken be afraid! Be very afraid!

Captain Peter likes eating big monsters for breakfast!

Savvy?

Great episode, mates! Congratulations for the originality and great humour!

Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems.

Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!

D'oh!
SnafeDarkrold
Music Master
Music Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now we are expecting a new episode in the next few days... hehehehe

Absolutely loved it! When I was told to write a pirate piece, I didn't expect this. I actually thought they were going to be captured by pirates or something as unfortunate. But this is so much better! I almost expect Grayson to tell a story to someone where Peter is the sidekick, and nobody believes him...

Great Episode!

And that Travis guy who wrote the music did a great Job! Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steph_M
Adam's favorite...maybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:

It IS a still photograph. I took a still shot (well it was a shot with Odin in the water, but cropped Odin out), and then applied the "water" effect in Animation Studio. (It's how I got the "Pirates of the Scarasea" to move the way it does). So yes, it is VERY much a still image. It just has an effect applied to it, that makes it appear as if the water is moving.

(Hopefully people recognize the intro with the "Pirates of Scarasea" moving like that as spoofing the opening of "Pirates of the Carribaen")...

I stand corrected and am TRULY impressed. Idea

That explanation pushed it to a 9.8. Wink

Tawmis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kravchick2000 wrote:
Tawmis wrote:

I stand corrected and am TRULY impressed. Idea

That explanation pushed it to a 9.8. Wink

Laughing Well, you can sit corrected if you wish. Easier to type. Very Happy

A. Sponsor us.

A. Maybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season Two) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: