Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.5a is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I was hoping to keep it quiet for a couple of more days, since I'm still testing some stuff, but since the rumor is already spreading, I might just as well announce it:

There used to be this nice AC Ladder made by Acfan/vi to which 4 TyD servers contributed stats. unfortunately, the server running the ladder (as well as Beacon and Champagne) crashed and hasn't returned (yet). Since acfan has been gone for a while now (and we're not really sure when he'll be back), I decided do a quick rewrite of the AC Ladder, since TyD has gotten quite some questions when it will be back.

So here it is: ladder.tearyoudown.org

For now, 3 servers are reporting to these stats: Clown, Krusty and Pennywise. Since Pennywise has a different blacklist than the other two (no ban on Brazilian IPs), I have made two views of the statistics: one with, and one without the data from Pennywise.

As I already said, it's still beta. I had to delete some old stats earlier this evening since they were incorrect. I hope I won't have to do it again.

Statistics will be generated per month. I'm working on some additional stuff (like an overall score for all months, some more intelligence, etc), but since the rumor was out, I thought it was about time to announce it ;)

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome, of course!
    • CommentAuthor|BC|t-rev
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2008

I'm sure iason would like to contribute the BC server(s) to the cause if you are interested. I'll let him know and he can contact you.

Thanks for starting this back up though. I know many members of the AC community enjoy seeing statistics online.
    • CommentAuthormosschops

Thanks, Clown.

> I know many members of the AC community enjoy seeing statistics online.

If this is so, I might as well mention the we've had some experimental statistics on our wonky servers available for a while too, at o-n-e.co.nr/stats/ . It isn't a ladder as such, but it'll be interesting how the numbers compare.
    • CommentAuthortipper

Thanks Clown :)
    Hey thats mad clown, but what if a gema is put on the server and the person gets like 50 flags?
    That's one thing which isn't covered right now (beta... right). Unfortunately, bad maps can't always be spotted. Gema's aren't played much on my servers now though...
    " ruthless" Hey thats mad clown, but what if a gema is put on the server and the person gets like 50 flags?

Maybe by only taking into account the maps that are on the server's maprot?

What about showing IPs, in oder to spot and report cheaters?
    • CommentAuthor|BC|Sniper

Thanks Clown

I think Showing Ips isnt a good idea
    We really shouldn't as a courtesy to players and as a matter of privacy.
    I will not disclose IPs to the whole world. Period. Cheaters can be identified easily by ratio, lack of deaths, etc. No real need for IPs. Also, due to dynamic IPs, the Ladder data isn't useful at all, the logs are.
    That was just a question more than a suggestion, anyway my main point was : Maybe by only taking into account the maps that are on the server's maprot
    • CommentAuthorEB4
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2008

kansloze clown ftw
    •  
      CommentAuthorironzorg

I found an xss fail in the website, but that's not critical so I will give you a link this week end.
    From now on, scores on ac_tenis, nadearena and any gema map will be discarded. Also, all entries below 0 points will be deleted every hour...
    Thankful People: DES|Cleaner (AFK)
    •  
      CommentAuthorstef

You have a map blacklist now? Cool!

(add the cinema maps pls)
    Although there was a map (don't remember the name) that was a cinema but big, several screens, backstages, the big entrance and all, that one was nice, not perfect but enjoyable.
    If anyone got that one in store I really fancy have a go at it ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStorm

I know which one your talking about but its slightly off topic ;)

Will there be a reset after your beta testing is over Cowman?
    Don't think so, since scores will be reset every month automagically.

@Stef: that blacklist is for deciding which maps should be ignored when calculating stats, it's not a blacklist for deciding which map can be played.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRytis
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008

DES|Cleaner: sp_new_cinemas_mod ;)
    @Rytis, nope not this one... thanks anyway ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorironzorg

You should fix this:
    http://ladder.tearyoudown.org/?month=09&year;=2008&filter;=%22%3E%3Cmarquee%3E%3Ch1%3EDefaced%20by%20ironzorg%3C/h1%3E%3C/marquee%3E&pennywise;=0∨=d
    Thankful People: KanslozeClown{TyD}
    •  
      CommentAuthorStorm

Stop arseing about and behave. Rather than contributing to the error, maybe point out how he can fix it...
    I know how to fix it. It isn't a very problematic thing, it just allows people to supply arguments to the scripts which can then be printed. Whoop-tee-friggin-doo :)
    I will fix it soon, though. Thanks for reporting.
    • CommentAuthor|BC|Sniper

too many noobs put gema map on TyD servers, so i take admin and i change map/mode

rank name score
    3 Brett 12656 81 31 2.61 14 40 11 2 120 122 4

120 Flags !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstef

maybe you should use a map whitelist... and print a (single) warning, if the current map isn't included
    •  
      CommentAuthorironzorg
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008

Storm, I surely love informatic more than you, if I see anything wrong in a website, I tell the admin that there are fails/errors in the platform. If you want to know how admins like my bug reports, just mail Adrian Henke (for sure you know him).

If you don't want to do so, you can see the "thank's" that is now in my signature (the only reward I want).

Thank you Kanslozeclown !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMystery
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008

wow, very cool!
    Im place 211- woohhooo!!! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthoriason
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008

Hey i'd love to have all the BC servers contributing to the ladder stats. let me know what i can do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelcol
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008

WOO!
    As you may have seen, scores have been reset automagically on Oct 1st. However, an all time score is available now as well, just like the scores for September.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGTRB
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008

What happens if you change your name ?
    ex: you stop being part of a clan. or change clans. or simply change name
    will it start a new record for you or will it replace old name with new one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndreONEz

I guess it will start a new one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogDancing

GTRB, it will make a new entry with your new name. Your old one will still be there collecting dust..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubZ
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008 edited

ooo, im 64th best for all time
    Did you read http://ladder.tearyoudown.org/score.html, GTRB? It's mentioned there...