Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode 14 - Here Comes The Sand Again - Comments.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

My whole family except me is going to ComicCon International next week (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to)

Bummer! Would have been cool to meet ya while ye were down here.

PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

-- my brother's an RvB fan too and is probably going to be on the lookout, though sounded like he didn't see anything mentioning them there yet. Maybe they only make closer ones to wherever they live -- seems like it's definitely a local/regional kind of thing in some ways....

Some of the members of Rooster Teeth are going to be there - and apparently even have a booth (which means, they're either making some nice money off of this - or Bungie and/or EA Games is paying them to be there to advertise the Machinima... and thus their individual games... ah, must be nice... Wonder if we could convince Bioware/Obsidian to give us sneak peeks at NWN2 for the use of Machinima, and use us as advertising... I'd be all for it) Smile

PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

But yeah, if NWCon is happening again, you guys should do not only link to a filmfest room but also I bet some of the in-game panels at the NWCon Center, and/or a scheduled IRC panel, for sure! Will keep an eye out for it and drop a line to the people organizing those next time if/when that comes round again.

Please do. I am very interested in expanding beyond just the internet with NeN and talking about it with a wider audience. Smile

PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

Or better yet, the goblin gang could go all out with their Home Sweet Home dance moves, teaching con-goers how to do it like they do on the underground channel, rotfl....

Ya know what - the day I see people doing the dance moves we had the goblins doing it - and having them call it the "Kick Rocks Dance Move" is probably the day I pack up and just make myself disappear forever, because I will be pretty sure that the world is about to end... and if not, it should. Laughing

PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

Sleep! Now! Over and ou....zzzzzzz

LOL! Hope ye got some sleep... me, it's 1:37am... and I am not even remotely tired... sleep and I haven't really been talking these last two weeks or so. Smile
D-Slash
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty good episode, nice length, good humorous moments.
The only thing that drove me insane is when Peter is in the middle of talking or just beginning talking he makes a kind of a high pitched "ch" sound...yeah i'm not that good describing but he used it just a bit much. Anybody notice that "ch" sound?
Adam
kravchick's greatest fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Slash wrote:
The only thing that drove me insane is when Peter is in the middle of talking or just beginning talking he makes a kind of a high pitched "ch" sound...yeah i'm not that good describing but he used it just a bit much. Anybody notice that "ch" sound?

That may have been a problem with our recording software. If it is not set right sometimes the higher sounds get cut off and they sound like crap.
Nameless
Neverending Nerd*
Neverending Nerd*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Slash wrote:

I noticed that... it sounds a bit like an accent or something.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice it on the "You're sunburned?" sounding like "Chou're sunburned." I didn't notice anywhere else (well other than "Chase Women? They will Chase me!" - so naturally the "CH" sound is there) Very Happy

I don't think that's audio... I think that's just me! I am from Spain, but a sexy Spanish accent is the last thing I have! Smile So I think I just have a speech problem. Very Happy
PlyerQuirkDarer
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tawmis wrote:
Some of the members of Rooster Teeth are going to be there - and apparently even have a booth

Cool -- passed on the heads-up to my bro.

Tawmis wrote:
(which means, they're either making some nice money off of this - or Bungie and/or EA Games is paying them to be there to advertise the Machinima... and thus their individual games... ah, must be nice... Wonder if we could convince Bioware/Obsidian to give us sneak peeks at NWN2 for the use of Machinima, and use us as advertising... I'd be all for it) Smile

That'd be sweet. You should throw the idea up there for the folks at Bioware, maybe your contacts through the Wednesday interview.

Tawmis wrote:
PlyerQuirkDarer wrote:

But yeah, if NWCon is happening again, you guys should do....Will keep an eye out for it and drop a line to the people organizing....

Please do. I am very interested in expanding beyond just the internet with NeN and talking about it with a wider audience. Smile

Well just to make sure I'm not confusing you between NorWesCon up here and NeverWinterCon that's put on by the NeverWinterConnections community.... the latter is actually online, so not really "beyond the internet" -- though in terms of pushing the boundaries of what's done *with* the internet, it definitely so far already is going *beyond* something.... All the references to in-game panels and all that were about how the Convention Center was set up as a weekend-or-longer persistent world where the a great deal of the con itself could take place, and con-goers went to scheduled events in the Center/castle's larger halls, etcetera -- just like an in-life con, people mingling some in between etcetera -- linked to scheduled con-highlighted game sessions (gm-run stuff, per true NWConnections style).... Definitely a new thing everyone kind of getting used to, and a lot of work for those who put it on, I got the impression, but I really hope to see it take shape again somehow again.... Oh and obviously the IRC stuff that was a bigger part of the first NWCon was also online....

Anyway, you may have been clear on that but just in case, that's what I was referring to, but yeah if Machinima gets going in the real-life in-person cons like NorWesCon too, that'd be awesome if screenings alongside the anime and all that could happen, panels about making of etc. -- NorWesCon's not the ComiCon/WizardWorld commercially financed, huge kind of thing but more the fan-run kind of deal, but tons going on related to machinima potentially -- from the fan-made-film festival with all kinds of hilarious stuff, to the panels about the future of gaming (and novel-connections like Dream Park etc.) where incidentally NeverWinter Nights kept coming up again and again last time, as the type of new level of flexibility and creativity etc..... (sometimes because of me bringing it up ;^). Don't know how the planning of all that works in the live cons but I bet the people who volunteer for it all would love to entertain ideas like the Machinima angle even more. For that matter I bet the local fan-run convention(s) down your way (guessing you all are in SoCal?) are probably a great starter possibility before looking into the big budget glitz extravaganzas like ComicCon (but I tend to be partial to these smaller ones that count attendees in the few thousands, after multi years of Wizard World zoos in Chicago for some years in a row Confused -- fun stuff but you lose something in all the huge mass marketing glitz too).
DiMono
Just Stumbled Into Town

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... hey guys? Why did Pawl have camel toe?

I think this one was longer than it needed to be. Some of the jokes seemed to prattle on a little, and that took away from the pace a little too much. The listing of types of ringing, for instance... should have only had him remember two, and then choke on the third one, for pacing. I still liked the episode, but I think it only kicked pebbles.
Tawmis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiMono wrote:
Uh... hey guys? Why did Pawl have camel toe?

Some questions are best left unanswered. Let's leave it at that. (But did you hear that scream at the end? It was kinda girly... maybe there in lies the clue?) Wink

DiMono wrote:

I think this one was longer than it needed to be. Some of the jokes seemed to prattle on a little, and that took away from the pace a little too much. The listing of types of ringing, for instance... should have only had him remember two, and then choke on the third one, for pacing. I still liked the episode, but I think it only kicked pebbles.

And to think, when I was doing the editing of it - I actually cut out about an additional 2 or 3 minutes that were still in the episode. I have no idea why this one is so insanely long... When we wrote it, I don't recall it being this long. Smile
tmriddle1331
My Avatar Is Broken
My Avatar Is Broken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is 15 out yo
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmriddle1331 wrote:
when is 15 out yo

I dunno, yo.
tmriddle1331
My Avatar Is Broken
My Avatar Is Broken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH!
Tawmis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, it was put up after you had asked. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: