Neverending Nights.com Forum Index Neverending Nights.com
A Neverwinter Nights Machinima

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode One - Heroes?! - Comments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverendingNights
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Please PM "Adam" or "Tawmis" with any questions, comments, or concerns.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Episode One - Heroes?! - Comments. Reply with quote

Due to the destruction of our forums at our own hands, the original messages were lost.

So if you're so inclined, feel free to leave comments here about the episode. If you're not so inclined, that's fine too. Very Happy
aries22
∞ Posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is gonna be a good series
D-Slash
Resident Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went back and watched so I felt I could comment it again.
Wow you guys have really gone a long way since episode 1 quality wise. This episode while it being a little RvBish is still a good warm up for the NEN series.....Mind you the video isn't that clear (which I believe was my original comment)
Tawmis
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +
Peter The Ranger (Admin) +

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, the video quality jumped in... Episode 8 or 9. We changed the way we captured the video and it made a tremendous difference. We were originally using a video capture card, but I registered FRAPS and have been using that since. Amazing difference.

And the original idea of the first episode was to do a huge nod to RvB since they were the inpiration. From the opening dialogue, "Hey you ever wonder why we're here" to the two knights in Orange (Grif) and Blue (Caboose), our two favorite RvB characters.

In the re-write of Episode One (Special Edition) - a lot of it is changed compared to the original. Still the same idea obviously of Peter and Grayson sitting there and the knights appearing - but more dialogue, more jokes, etc.

The first episode is always my bane as far as our series goes. The video quality is horrid. The writing was stiff. The voice acting was uncertain. Of course we had just started this, so we weren't even too sure how we were gonna do it - if we were gonna do it for more than five episodes. But by the time we hit our third episode - we knew we were gonna be in this for the long run because we were having so much fun doing it. And I think that's why from Episode Three and moving forward, everything flowed much better, because we knew we wanted to do this and our hearts were really in it at that point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neverending Nights.com Forum Index -> The Center Stage (Season One) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: